If you’re interested in selling your house, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to make the process run smoothly.
- Hire a realtor to help you sell. The Restivo Team will help you with everything from preparing the house before it goes on the market, listing and showing it, negotiating offers and taking you to closing and beyond. We will even help you find a new home…in Miami or elsewhere.
- Make sure the house is decluttered and smells good. When a buyer comes in to view the house, they want to be able to imagine themselves in the house. That’s hard to do when there are things all over-family photos, lots of clutter on counters and tables. You can go ahead and pack those things away. After all, you are going to sell your house and move elsewhere, so why not get a head start on packing! Pet odors and cigarette smells tend to turn buyers off as well. Be sure to clean the house, use air fresheners and candles to keep it smelling fresh and inviting, but try to use fresheners that are not too strong (in case some buyers are sensitive to smells).
- We have to market the house for what it is. Saying the house is waterfront, when in fact it only has a view of the water, is a waste of time. It won’t bring the right buyers in to see the house. We need to market it for what it it- a cozy charmer, a handyman special or in a great school district. Whatever your house has to offer, we hone in on those things and market it as such.
- Be realistic with pricing the house. We can list your house for whatever you think it’s worth, but the truth is, the market is what indicates what it’s worth. We understand that you may have put a lot of money in the house, and done a ton of work to it to make it absolutely stunning, but if the market doesn’t support it, it’s going to be hard to get a higher than market price (unless we’re dealing with a cash buyer). The best thing to do is let us run the numbers, let us run comparable sales in the area near you, and we can tell you what it’s going to sell at. For our sellers who have been made aware of what the market is, and where their house will sell, we can tell you that our sellers have gotten close-to, if not full asking price!!! The closer it is priced to where the market indicates it will sell, the better chance that it will sell near to that price.
- During showings and open house, we ask that you are not in the house. It makes it easier for a buyer to envision themselves in the home if the people who currently live there are not present. This way, they feel free to ask questions and explore…which is what you, as the seller, want!
There are many things that we can help with if you are interested in selling your home. These were just some of the things to keep in mind when you are looking to sell. Give us a call today. It would be our pleasure to sit down with you and discuss selling your house.