We published a previous post on water hook up requirements through MiamiRealEstateCafe.com … and are reposting it now because it’s a question that’s asked frequently.
The Village of Pinecrest indicates:
1) Current homeowners in the Village of Pinecrest have a 10 year grace period in which to connect to city water, once the lines are in place for that particular residence.
2) Hook-up is mandatory once a property is sold.
3) It is the responsibility of the buyer to connect, and the buyer has 90 days in which to do so.
4) Costs are subject to change … Prices were $146 for the Village of Pinecrest permit, and $486 for Miami-Dade hook-up…. but check with the governing municipality that your property is within for any changes.
5) The buyer hires their own plumber to do the work. Price varies accordingly.