Once the Restivo Team has found you a home you really like, there are some questions you may want to ask. A home inspection will answer many of them, but make sure you know everything that’s important to making the decision.
Some general questions include:
- When was the home built?
- How many owners has it had?
- How does the asking price compare to the other homes for sale in the area? (We will pull comparable properties in the area as a basis to answer this one).
- When was the home purchased and what did the property sell for when the current owner bought it?
- Is there an existing mortgage on the home? Is it assumable?
- What are the annual property taxes? Will the taxes increase when the deed is transferred and it’s sold at a new price?
- Is there a builder’s warranty on the house, and if so, what are the details of the warranty?
- Will there be additional homes or structures built around the home that might affect the view from the home?
There are some internal and external things to inquire about:
- What level of ground maintenance is required?
- Are there any problems with the outside of the property (for example-visible roof damage, issues in the pool, etc)?
- Are appliances built in?
- Is there enough insulation in the home?
- What upgrades/additions has the current homeowner made to the property since they purchased it?
- What appliances are included in your purchase?
- What’s the condition and age of all the major systems in the home (electrical, plumbing, cooling and heating)?
- What is the average monthly cost of utilities? What are the summer and winer highs and lows?
- Are there any major repairs that need to be done to the property before it’s liveable?
Again, many of these questions will be answered in a home inspection. The Restivo Team will recomend inspection companies for you, as well as inquire about these and any other questions which may arise during the process. It’s a GREAT time to buy, so don’t miss out. Give us a call today…let’s get started!